How the Card Works.
1. Each card has a list of three books for the student to listen to, read and do the quiz, and record the date each task is completed.
2. Each book has to done three times within the week. (That is three times each of listen, read, quiz ).
3. A printed quiz for one of the books, chosen at random will be given at the beginning of the class the following week, to check if they actually did the quiz.
4. Students that get a perfect score on the quiz will be given the next sheet. Those that don’t will be asked to redo the card during the next week.
5. There is a designated number of points on the card for tasks completed. A sheet is available for keeping records of students’ activities for each class.
Sheet 1 reading card is available at Reading Sheet 1
I created the new list below of books to be covered during the lessons.
Target language features:
1. Present and past simple verb tenses (first and third person)
2. Direct speech
3. Have/has (The Body)
4. A lot more.
1. Memorization/Story retelling
2. Role Play.
3. Printed quiz version(ask for copies for the book you want to do)
Please take a few minutes each lesson to check workbook progress and each students reading ability. Help the students who are lagging behind by referring them back to the Starfall activities below.
Let me know if you are experiencing any problems.
Online lesson Video 2
Online Lesson Video 1